Welcome to First Church of Christ, Scientist
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Welcome, and thank you for visiting First Church of Christ, Scientist, Chattanooga online. We love the fact that you are taking a genuine interest in finding out more about Christian Science. We are here to help you make your journey a pleasant and joyful one!
We offer Sunday Services and Sunday School, Wednesday evening testimony meetings, a service on Thanksgiving Day morning, childcare at all in-person services, a Christian Science Reading Room, and an annual talk on Christian Science.
The weekly Bible Lessons in the Christian Science Quarterly offer ideas and inspiration that comfort, heal, and lead to a deeper understanding of God’s goodness. Each year the Quarterly includes a special Thanksgiving Lesson, which is studied by individuals and shared at Thanksgiving church services around the world. The Chattanooga Thanksgiving Service is on Thursday, November 25, 2021, at 10am ET. Join by phone or online here.
In the Thanksgiving Lesson, we discover God as the source of all good and see how natural it is to experience and rejoice in His daily gifts of mercy, grace, and abundance. You're invited to dive in, explore, study, and share this special message of love with family, friends, and neighbors.
Download the Thanksgiving Bible Lesson or read it online in English, German, Spanish, or French here.
Read an article by the Research Staff of The Mary Baker Eddy Library, giving the historical background of the creation of this special service called "The Thanksgiving Day Service and 'the good already received' " here.
Social media or email
1. Click on the square image
2. CTRL+right click
3. "save image as"
4. save to your downloads or desktop where you can then open them and print or share
Postcard for U.S. Mail
1. Click on the PDF icon
2. PDF will open in browser tab
3. Clink printer icon to print
4. or down arrow to save to your downloads or desktop
ORDER OF SERVICES
2. Reading the Thanksgiving Proclamation of the President of the United States, or the Governor of the state, or both.
3. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
4. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord's Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
6. Reading the Explanation Note on the first leaf of the Quarterly.
7. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.
8. Responsive Reading by the First Reader and the congregation.
9. Reading the Lesson-Sermon prepared by the Bible Lesson Committee.
11. Testimonies by Christian Scientists, appropriate for the occasion.
13. Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative Scripture according to I John 3:1-3.
14. Pronouncing Benediction.
Sample of post card in jpg below