(We will be live by 10:20a)
ORDER OF SERVICE*
2. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord's Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
5. Announcing necessary notices.
7. Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf of Quarterly.
8. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.**
9. Reading the Scriptural Selection, entitled "Responsive Reading," alternately by the First Reader and the congregation.**
10. Reading the Lesson-Sermon. (After the Second Reader reads the BIBLE references of the first Section of the Lesson, the First Reader makes the following announcement: "As announced in the explanatory note, I shall now read correlative passages from the Christian Science textbook, SCIENCE AND HEALTH WITH KEY TO THE SCRIPTURES, by Mary Baker Eddy.")
click "Donate" button below to use your bank account or credit card
Mail your check -
First Church of Christ, Scientist
612 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37403.
13. Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative Scripture according to I John 3:1-3.
14. Pronouncing Benediction.
(Second Sunday in January and July)
Praise we the Lord, for His mercy endureth forever. / Let us extol Him with joyous and loving endeavor; / Come let us sing, / Praising our God and our King, / Should we be silent? Ah, never.
Praise we the Lord, who our footsteps / still holdeth from sliding; / Daily He campeth about us, protecting and guiding; / E’en while we sleep / Watch doth He tenderly keep; / Ever new mercies providing.
Praise we the Lord with a joyous and glad adoration; / Lo, unto them that believe there is no condemnation; / Now will we raise / Songs of thanksgiving and praise, / Christ is become our salvation.
O God, our Father-Mother, Love, / Purge Thou our hearts from sin, / That in Thy radiancy divine / We may with eyes undimmed define / Thy will, reality.
O God, our Father-Mother, Truth, / Send forth Thy light sublime, / That in its pure and cleansing rays / We may, with thought attuned to praise, / Behold reality.
O God, our Father-Mother, Life, / Reveal in us Thy might, / That henceforth we may live to Thee, / In all our ways reflecting Thee, / And know reality.
O, sometimes gleams upon our sight, / Through present wrong, th’ eternal right; / And step by step, since time began, / We see the steady gain of man.
For all of good the past has had / Remains to make our own time glad, / Our common, daily life divine, / And every land a Palestine.
Through the harsh noises of our day, / A low sweet prelude finds its way; / Through clouds of doubt and creeds of fear / A light is breaking, calm and clear.
Henceforth my heart shall sigh no more / For olden time and holier shore: / God’s love and blessing, then and there, / Are now and here and everywhere.
"Here and Now"
Sung by Josh Henn
Open Mine Eyes CD