(We will be live by 10:20a)
ORDER OF SERVICES
2. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord's Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
5. Announcing necessary notices.
6. Solo. (see words below)
7. Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf of Quarterly.
8. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.*
9. Reading the Scriptural Selection, entitled "Responsive Reading," alternately by the First Reader and the congregation.*
10. Reading the Lesson-Sermon. (After the Second Reader reads the BIBLE references of the first Section of the Lesson, the First Reader makes the following announcement: "As announced in the explanatory note, I shall now read correlative passages from the Christian Science textbook, SCIENCE AND HEALTH WITH KEY TO THE SCRIPTURES, by Mary Baker Eddy.")
click "Donate" button below to use your bank account or credit card
Mail your check -
First Church of Christ, Scientist
612 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37403.
13. Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative Scripture according to I John 3:1-3.
14. Pronouncing Benediction.
with a credit card
(fee will be taken out)
with your PayPal account; unclick "goods and services," use a linked bank account, and no
fee will be taken out
Brood o'er us with Thy shelt'ring wing,
'Neath which our spirits blend
Like brother birds, that soar and sing,
And on the same branch bend.
The arrow that doth wound the dove
Darts not from those who watch and love.
If thou the bending reed wouldst break
By thought or word unkind,
Pray that his spirit you partake,
Who loved and healed mankind:
Seek holy thoughts and heavenly strain,
That make men one in love remain.
Learn, too, that wisdom's rod is given
For faith to kiss, and know;
That greetings glorious from high heaven,
Whence joys supernal flow,
Come from that Love, divinely near,
Which chastens pride and earth-born fear,
Through God, who gave that word of might
Which swelled creation's lay:
"Let there be light, and there was light."
What chased the clouds away?
'Twas Love whose finger traced aloud
A bow of promise on the cloud.
Thou to whose power our hope we give,
Free us from human strife.
Fed by Thy love divine we live,
For Love alone is Life;
And life most sweet, as heart to heart
Speaks kindly when we meet and part.
(Christian Science Hymnal, No. 30)
Long hast thou stood, O church of God,
Long mid the tempest's assailing,
Founded secure on timeless rock
Rises thy light, never failing;
Shining that all may understand
What has been wrought by God's command,
O'er night and chaos prevailing.
Let there be light, and light was there,
Clear as the Word that declared it;
Healing and peace to all it gave,
Who in humility shared it.
Ah, they were faithful, they who heard,
Steadfast their trust in God's great Word,
Steadfast the Love that prepared it.
Let there be light, the Word shines forth,
Lo, where the new morning whitens;
O church of God, with Book unsealed,
How its page beacons and brightens.
Living stones we, each in his place,
May we be worthy such a grace,
While Truth the wide earth enlightens.
(Christian Science Hymnal, No. 176)
Love is life's true crown and glory,
Love the splendor of the light,
Truly is God's counsel gentle,
Truly all His ways are bright;
Jesus knew the law of kindness,
Healing mind and heart of blindness;
And in heavenly wisdom taught
Holy works of love he wrought.
Love, the Golden Rule of living,
Showeth forth the perfect Mind;
Love, our debt to God who gives it,
All compassion is, and kind;
Charity the law fulfilleth,
Mid the nations rancor stilleth;
Loving hearts in friendship blend,
One in Him, our heavenly Friend.
(Christian Science Hymnal, No. 178)
"Truth and Love"
Sung by Josh Henn
from his Open Mine Eyes CD