(We will be live by 10:20a)
ORDER OF SERVICES
2. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord's Prayer with its spiritual interpretation.
5. Announcing necessary notices.
6. Solo. (see words below)
7. Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf of Quarterly.
8. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.
9. Reading the Scriptural Selection, entitled "Responsive Reading," alternately by the First Reader and the congregation.
10. Reading the Lesson-Sermon. (After the Second Reader reads the BIBLE references of the first Section of the Lesson, the First Reader makes the following announcement: "As announced in the explanatory note, I shall now read correlative passages from the Christian Science textbook, SCIENCE AND HEALTH WITH KEY TO THE SCRIPTURES, by Mary Baker Eddy.")
click "Donate" button below to use your bank account or credit card
Mail your check -
First Church of Christ, Scientist
612 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37403.
13. Reading the Scientific Statement of Being, and the correlative Scripture according to I John 3:1-3.
14. Pronouncing Benediction.
words by Thomas T. Lynch, adapted
sung by Kyndall Blum
Gracious Spirit, dwell with me:
I myself would gracious be,
And with words that help and heal
Would Thy life in mine reveal;
And with actions bold and meek
Christ's own gracious spirit speak.
Truthful Spirit, dwell with me:
I myself would truthful be,
And with wisdom kind and clear
Let Thy life in mine appear;
And with actions brotherly
Follow Christ's sincerity.
Mighty Spirit, dwell with me:
I myself would mighty be,
Mighty, that I may prevail
Where unaided man must fail;
Ever by triumphant hope
Pressing on and bearing up.
(The Christian Science Hymnal, No. 88)
Come, gracious Spirit, heavenly Love,
With light and comfort from above;
Be Truth our guardian, Love our guide,
O'er every thought and step preside,
Be God our guide.
The light of Truth to us display,
That we may know and choose Your way;
Plant holy joy in every heart,
That we from You may ne'er depart,
Plant joy in every heart.
Lead us, O Christ, the living Way,
Nor let us from your precepts stray;
Lead us to God, our heavenly rest,
That we may be forever blest,
(The Christian Science Hymnal, No. 459)
Father, You are very near us,
Well we know that You will hear us,
And will answer when we call:
May the prayer of faith now heal us,
May the vision true reveal us
One with You, and You our All-in-all.
Christ, the way of our salvation,
Lifts the veil of separation,
Shows our life in Spirit, free-
Shows the glory of creation,
God and man in true relation:
Children of the living God are we!
Father, this most wondrous union
We would prove in blessed communion:
Take the Truth, our bread from heaven,
Drink the wine of inspiration,
Rise in holy exaltation,
One in You, redeemed, restored, forgiven.
(The Christian Science Hymnal, No. 472)
Rise up and walk, take up your bed.
With these few words the sickness fled.
Stretch forth your hand. Receive your sight.
Jesus' commands reveal God's might.
You are God's purpose, His great design.
Beautiful, blameless, His child divine.
Holding your thought to the good and the true,
Spirit will form you anew.
Rise up and walk! God made you free,
Born of His liberty.
Carefree and strong, you are His song,
Perfect for all to see.
Mountains and seas, great rising trees,
Echo the joyous song:
Heaven is here, harmony's bliss
To everyone belongs.
Cleanse the lepers, heal the sick.
Cast out demons. Raise the dead.
Truth is revealed in every place,
Throughout all time, throughout all space.
Right in this moment, doing God's will
"These works shall you do, and greater still."
Standing triumphant upon holy ground,
Songs of the angels resound.
(The Christian Science Hymnal, No. 565)